Breastfeeding Support to Fit Your Needs
Kansas City Doulas provides non-judgmental breastfeeding support to enhance bonding and comfort.
For our clients who find breastfeeding a top priority, it can often be devastating when it doesn’t go as you had hoped. Women choose to breastfeed because they view it as one of the most beautiful and rewarding acts you can accomplish as a mother. When a woman is newly postpartum, the challenges that breastfeeding can sometimes present can leave you feeling discouraged, hopeless, or inadequate.
Kansas City Doulas wants you to have the best chance of success in breastfeeding you can have. We have help for breastfeeding that is supportive, non-judgmental, and meets you exactly where you are in your breastfeeding journey. Whether you just had your baby and want to make sure everything is going the way it should, or you have a baby that is several weeks old that is showing a lack of weight gain, or anything in between, we are your source for lactation counseling and breastfeeding support in Kansas City.
Your visit with a lactation counselor will be in the comfort of your own home at a time that is convenient to you. Our counselor, Amy Hall, will help ease your fears and concerns with her gentle and compassionate guidance. Breastfeeding can be enjoyable for both you and your baby. A lactation counseling visit for breastfeeding support can help with any or all of the following:
- education regarding what is normal for your baby’s age and weight
- answering questions about milk supply
- increasing milk supply
- changes in you and baby as your baby grows
- looking for signs of trouble in baby
- helping you see what is going good and right
- troubleshooting common breastfeeding challenges
- achieving a comfortable latch
- how to cope with engorgement
- how to prevent and care for clogged milk ducts
- how to prevent mastitis
- source of referral for more complicated cases
- how to pump
- preparing for going back to work
- source for ongoing support groups and peer-to-peer organizations
Amy Hall is a Certified Lactation Counselor through Healthy Children Project. She has been working with and supporting women and babies for 11 years. She is passionate about serving her clients and helping them achieve their personal goals. To schedule your appointment with Amy, contact Kansas City Doulas. Be on your way to meeting your breastfeeding goals with confidence and comfort.
Client Intake Form